Sunday, March 13, 2016

We Found the Perfect Thriller Setting

Yesterday we met as a group and continued to discuss our genre and began brainstorming where the setting for our film could be and thought of some possibilities for plots and how we would approach the  film opening. Obviously the setting of a thriller needs to be somewhere to draw the attention of the viewer and to do this we picked an old abandoned prison known as the Broward Correctional Institution, which is about 15 minutes from where we live. It was a maximum security prison that was shut down in 2010. It was home to several serial killers and even inmates on death row.

If this isn't an ideal location for a thriller film, I don't know what is. I get scared even just looking at the pictures, much less going and filming a film opening there alone. I'm going to be thrilled, while making this thriller film, because I'm already scared.

 "Local 10 News Gets inside Look of Abandoned Broward County Prison." WPLG. 2014. Web. 11 Mar. 2016. 

1 comment:

  1. Great post Brett! I think it's awesome that your creating a thriller because that is my chosen genre as well, reading your ideas might even inspire me or aid my process. I'm curious to know what your plot is. I wonder if you have it figured out yet or if you simply like the setting, which is a great start. love the idea of the abandoned prison, it is, as you said, the ideal location. The sight itself causes your target audience to be intrigued yet experience the creepers.
    Since the prison is abandoned it may be difficult to shoot in all desired areas but I hope it is possible. The abandoned facility could lead you to endless possibilities which is great, I am anxious to continue to read through your blog and join you on your journey in the abandoned prison.

    ReplyDelete